Friday, December 3, 2010

Medieval Music= EPIC FAIL

The latest research assignment that we were asked to do was to find anything that we could about music from the medieval period. The countries that our focus was directed to were the Middle Eastern countries, India, Egypt, and Southern Asia. I spent a few days on the web trying to find anything I could about music during this period, but I was out of luck. It was definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be. I did find a few useful bits of information, but nothing that really fit the topic of what we were asked to do.
I pretty much just used google to do all of my research. I found some things about how the Egyptians used heiroglyphs to show that instruments had been created and that people had been making music for centuries, but that was really the only useful thing that I found. I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't more about this topic on the internet. It made me wonder if no one else had the same question in their mind. Europe was in bad shape during this time and I wonder why no one really wondered what was going on in the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment